Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Grand Canyon, 1955 South Rim (2)

Sweet Shot Day

I am sharing these photos with Sweet Shot Tuesday. All the photographs on this blog were taken by my great grandmother in the 1950's and have since sat in a little red suitcase waiting to be given life. To read more about this blog click here.








7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And what a wonderful tribute you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing concept! great photos-full of nostalgia. have you thought of publishing them in a photo book, like a blurb book, or even the kind you can get from kodak, snapfish, walmart!, etc?

    can't wait to parouse the rest of your site...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was she using some kind of filter? I'm surprised they came out so purplish. Cool photos!
    I live near the North Rim and have been to both sides numerous times. If you ever get the chance to come out you should try to go to the North Rim instead, there are way less people than South Rim and it's much more comfortable in the summer. It is closed in the winter though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love what you are doing! This is so neat to look at. I know she would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old photos! Such a wonderful thing you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete